Sunday, January 3, 2016

Defining Your Values: A Series (2/6)

"Do not remember the former things; neither consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."- Isaiah 43:18-19

Goodbye 2015, hello 2016! It's a new year, a new start. I just started a 21 days of prayer for my business to start off the new year (you can find out more about that here if you're interested), and ALREADY God has been moving in my heart.  This verse really speaks to me and I am declaring it as my theme verse for 2016. I am SO excited to start off the year in the right way by setting my focus on the Lord and I am thrilled to see how He works this year.

In the second post of this series, I am going to talk about a value to me that is absolutely critical to growth in any area of life, and in being a successful leader. While these posts are not in any order regarding ranking of values (except the for the last one...which is really my #1 value),  this one definitely ranks up somewhere near the top. Also, with the new year just ringing in, there is no better time to write about this:

Value #2: Vision

Vision. Proverbs 29:18 states "Where there is no vision, the people perish." Vision is what drives people, it motivates them. It gets them through the hard times because they are able to see the greater vision, the dream. It is the job of the leader to cast a vision for the team, to give them direction and pave the way. It is crucial to the success of any large feat. VISION inspires people to ACTION which leads to GOAL SETTING which in turn makes DREAMS come true. Vision gives one a concrete picture of what they are trying to create as a result of their actions. So this new year, in whatever area you may be working in, if you are in a position of influence and leadership, cast a direction for the people you are working with. It creates unity, drive, and success. 

What is your vision for 2016? Where do you see yourself going? What do you see yourself doing? Who do you want to impact? 

Keep in mind that VISION does not mean GOALS, though it can include your goals. GOALS are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time bound. Whereas a VISION is a more broad and general direction that you see yourself going. However, your GOALS should lead you to accomplishing your VISION, which will inspire further action to make your DREAMS come true! :) 

Without a vision, the people perish. What is your vision for 2016?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips