Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Defining Your Values: A Series (1/6)

Values. We all have them, whether we have taken the time to seek them out and define them or not. They are principles that define us- our businesses, our work, our free time, our interactions with others...they are a core part of who are are, and they are different for everybody. They define who we are and explain why we do the things we do. Every successful company has core values that defines what they are about. Think about it- Disney, Apple, Walmart...even the University I attend has 4 core values that drive it. Our businesses are driven by values too, and it is important for us to recognize and define them so that people who see us know what we are about and what we are striving for.

Last February when I attended the Thrive Conference in Nashville hosted by Monique McLean, we had a session on this very topic. I went home, did some soul searching, and developed my values- I have 6 of them. I am going to do a series for the next 6 posts of going through those values and why they matter- I am not ashamed of them as they really encompass what drives me to keep working on growing my business (they are different than my "why," though they make up parts of it)....also I hope it will encourage YOU to seek out your personal values - they will be different than mine and represent a picture of your business and your life. At the end of this series, I will make a post with a step-by-step guide for how you can come up with your values! It's going to be great!

SO, with that being said...

Value #1: Changing Lives

(Also these are in no particular order, except for the last one, which is really my top one- best for last, ya know? ;))


I got a text today from a good family friend that I helped introduce the oils to and become a part of this journey.  She explained how her family was incorporating the oils into all parts of their lives and how even her kids loved learning about them and using them. She said it was a lifestyle change and expressed thanks for how much she loved her oils.

I got another phone call recently from a downline member who told me a heart-warming story about how she was so thankful for Ningxia Red and how it has completely changed her dad's life- for the better. Calls and messages like this are not out of the ordinary in this oily journey, and it is so fun and exciting to hear each time! My automatic response in my mind:  I was a part of that? Of telling you about this? Wow, that is humbling. I give all the glory for everything in my business to the Lord, for it is He that brings people into our lives and causes our business to grow, but the fact that He is choosing to use me in such an impacting position is so incredibly humbling!

BUT the greater fact is that lives are being changed!! I'm not just talking about physical wellness here, either, guys!! I'm talking about empowering people to live in wellness, purpose, and abundance in ALL areas of life -spiritual, emotional, physical, and financial. It gives me the opportunity to serve people and lead people- to show them the love of Christ in all of my work. I am thrilled to be a part of a company that is so life changing....truly! THIS is part of my "why" I do what I do....I share the oils with everyone I possibly can because I know how it will positively make an impact in their life, and I want to be a part of that. To me, not telling someone is incredibly selfish. When we help to change people's lives we are changing the world, one little bit at a time.
I am a world changer, and you know what!? I believe you can be too! :)


1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful, Priya. You ARE a worldchanger. <3 And you've just begun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips