Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Do It Scared

I recently heard a young mom talking about how when her toddler-aged daughter tells her, "Mom, I'm scared!" She replies, "That's okay, do it scared!"

Fear is paralyzing, and even when we acknowledge it, it can STILL be paralyzing. But I love this response because it completely eliminates all excuses and teaches that yes, it's OKAY to be afraid, but it's NOT okay to let that fear stop you from doing it anyway.

If you think the bravest and most courageous people throughout history (George Washington, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, etc.) were never afraid, I think you are mistaken, as I'm willing to bet that they were JUST as afraid as anyone else would have been in their situations. The difference is that they chose to "do it scared."

I give so much credit to this young mom and love how she was teaching her daughter this from such a young age. I'm not a parent, but this is definitely one of those words of wisdom cards that I want to keep tucked away for the future.

So friends, from now on, I encourage you that whenever you're in a situation and you think to yourself "I'm scared," to give yourself the best three word pep-talk ever and say "do it scared."

Then do it.



It's worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips