Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Beautifying Foaming Facial Cleanser


A few people have asked me what I use to make my own facial cleanser, so, here it is! I absolutely LOVE to lather my face with this recipe....it's so luxurious and refreshing- better yet, it's extremely economical AND completely natural. Can't get much better than that!

I made a video about how I do this on Youtube. This is EASY EASY EASY but some people prefer to actually watch it happen. You can check out the video by clicking here. 

The biggest thing that I emphasize when I do this recipe is that you can MAKE IT YOUR OWN!! Play around with the ratio of the oils you use, or try different oils! It's really really hard to mess this up, I promise. Sometimes I substitute different oils based on what I have on hand, and that's okay! Make this how YOU like it. Or in the words of Burger King, "Have it Your Way." 




I always like to gather all my ingredients first. 


With this recipe, all you do is mix all the ingredients in one foaming *glass container and you're all set! It's really that simple.


Ta da! Foaming facial cleanser, it about 3 minutes. 


*A note on the container. I am reusing a Young Living facial cleaner container. I know they use a special grade of plastic that is safe to use with the oils at this level of dilution- do not just go out any buy any old plastic container! Amazon has some good glass ones, and you can also get some at www.lifesciencepublishers.com that are okay to use with diluted EO's.

Natural Beautifying Foaming Facial Cleanser
Makes about 1 cup

Ingredients:

1). Young Living Essential Oils! Use this as a guide, but you can also substitute other oils. For example, my mom uses Frankincense, Geranium, Myrrh, and Sandalwood instead of the oils I'm using.
-8 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
-4 drops Lemon Essential Oil
-7 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
-6 drops Purification Essential Oil
-7 drops Lavender Essential Oil
-5 drops Elemi Essential Oil

2). About 1/4 c. Organic unscented Castille Soap- this is available at Target or on Amazon.

3). Distilled water

Directions:
1). Pour the castille soup into your empty container. 
2). Add the oils as you desire.
3). Fill the container the remainder of the way with distilled water! 

Shake it up and you're good to go!


*Note: This supports ALL skin types, but, if you do have more mature skin, you can make it extra special by adding a little jojoba oil, vitamin e oil, and rosewater. 



If you're curious about how to get some Young Living oils, I can hook you up. Just click here to read my post about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips